Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My trip to Skjold.... Spy pics enclosed...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freakbass, Sep 1, 2004.

1. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

Alright guys (and gals),
    I took a little trip up to Pete Skjold's shop earlier this week, and I received a little sneak-peek at the goodness that is to come. Check out the pics I snapped with my cell phone. Camera phones are horrid in quality, but it's all I had at the time... That spalted beechwood is beautiful. :hyper: Word has it that Pete will be unveiling his new line of custom pickups and preamps (co-designed by John East) at the Arlington Guitar Show in October. Something was also mentioned about the possibility of some free stuff for TBer's if you go by his booth. Nothing set in stone, but a definate possibility. :ninja: You didn't hear it from me...

:bag:

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
  3. very sweet. I can hardly wait until my 6 string fretless is ready :hyper:

4. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

Arlington, Texas - The world's largest guitar show will be held at the Arlington Convention Center - October 16 and 17, 2004

I'm not sure where Pete's booth will be. Pete?

BTW, Juneau, what guage are your ears? I just started stretching, and just went straight from a 14 to an 8! :D I want bigger!!

5. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    14mm, or about a half inch, sent you a PM with some more info and tips so as not to derail your thread too far :)

6. I've been there recently as well. I love the stuff he is cooking up for display at this booth -- Singlecuts, different body styles, new pickups, different exotic woods....."and a NEW CAR!" :D