1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My trusty G&L L-1505+

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DrumsAndBass, Feb 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. This one has been gigging well. The best mod I've done to it was add the second MFD. Most recently I've simplified the single coil mode (neck coils) to operate with a full size toggle.
    Just wanted to share the ideas. IMG_0387.

2. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Very nice, how did you choose the location of the neck pickup?

3. I owned a L-2500 for a short time which was the first time I had ever owned any G&L. As I tested with my amp I noticed that although the bridge pickup by itself in series mode sounded great I wanted even more depth in the tone. That meant that I needed to relocate an MFD closer to the bridge. I sold that bass to fund this L-1505. How in the world did I know where to put the PU ? I eyeballed it and they measure 2.25" apart.

I've put low quality hum buckers right up to the neck on 3 cheap basses over the years to experiment and it usually sounded muddy. Since MFD's are so clear and defined it worked out exceedingly well for this bass.
    In humbucking mode, each of the 3 positions is distinct and useable.

4. Nice job on the mods! Really looks great.
    Love the grain on the body wood. What is it?

5. The body is swamp ash with a clear satin. And for the ebony fingerboard I asked them to make sure that the dot marker is on the 21st fret.