Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My turn! My new Stingray is here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slaphappy, Jun 27, 2002.

1. On this day of sadness in our community, a new bass comes into my home to fire my passions and rip thru some Who tracks :)

Unfortunately, the pics don't show the metalflake sparkle in the finish, which just smokes. This is Burnt Apple finish. Ahhhhhh....this thing is just bliss. Nothing like the power of a Stingray! Make it funky!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The GC near me had one with that finish for about a week. Real nice.

Happy Slapping.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    mmmm, Burnt Apple! a great color. IMHO it'd look killer with a clear pickgaurd! Sweet axe in any case. Now if only they made black stinrgray hardware...(well, bridges mostly)

4. thats one badass bass my fellow Washingtonian.

thats exactly the bass i want, except for a maple board. :D

5. god stingray 4 strings are soooo sexy! :D

6. Thanks guys :)

I tried every Ray in GC, and this is the one that did it on the whole. I loved the color the best, and I preferred Rosewood, in this case. My other two basses have maple, but I felt that the Rosewood warmed up the tone in a way I found pleasing on this particular bass. She still has bucketloads of snap if I want it!

Plays like a dream!

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    great lookin bass. I saw one @ the guitar center here except it was a 5 i think. I think that finish is one of the best on the StingRays, then again i like most of the bursts on the SRs. thats all great bass

8. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I've owned a white maple finish Stingray 5 that I bought new in 92 and I must say talk about FUNKY!!on a similar note I stoped in a very nice highend store in Fraiser MI.and they had a Stingray 5 with an interesting finish on it it was a two color metal flacke it was like a burnt orange on the top part of the body with a dark cranberry on the bottom part of the body with a maple fingerboard.

10. WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO

That is one lovely Ray Slap!
    I really like that color too. :)
    Congrats!

11. Waste

Waste

Sep 16, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Man that is a sharp color! I bought a MIM J-bass with the Midnight Wine Red (solely for backup) and I loved that color but this one on your Stingray is incredible! How does it play? To me, I've played E. Balls that are incredible and some that play like dirt!
    Waste

12. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    What a beaut! Take care of that puppy. :)

13. She's beautiful!

My local store had a 5 that was two-tone -- red/yellow and the GAS pains were only eased by my new Cirrus :)

Enjoy!

14. Originally posted by Waste
    Man that is a sharp color! I bought a MIM J-bass with the Midnight Wine Red (solely for backup) and I loved that color but this one on your Stingray is incredible! How does it play? To me, I've played E. Balls that are incredible and some that play like dirt!
    Waste

Thanks for the compliments all! :D :D :D

Waste, isn't it a cool color? It looks 10 times cooler in person, trust me. The sparkle of the metalflake in the finish is just supremely cool! :)

She plays GREAT! As I said, I tried at least half a dozen Rays (4s and 5s), and they all played quite well, but this is the 'special' one, and I couldn't take my eyes off the color. What a tone!!!

15. Rien

Rien Guest

Oct 6, 2001
    Dreamland.
    mmmmmmmm... Stingray...

Great Color!

16. Bump