My TV is interfering...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Does anyone else notice that when you turn on the TV in the room, if the amp is on it gets super fuzzy? They're in the same outlet, I have the power strip for the amp and the tv plugged right into the wall.

2. ZonMaster

Jun 18, 2004
    maybe Kansas
    If you're bass is plugged into the amp you need to get the Lightwave pickup system and all buzzing will disappear. If it's buzzing without the instrument plugged in the amp you still need Lightwaves. Then move your tv. Better yet, sell your tv and buy a bass with Lightwaves.

Ok, sales pitch over. I'd be interested to know if tv is feeding back only through pickups. Would be my guess.
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    well, tv's refresh at 60 Hz, usually. So that will create some noise. There definitely is some RFi going on too.
  4. i just say turn it the hell off. i notice that remote frequencies interfere with passive electronics (switch channels and get a little beeping through the amp) and when the tv turns on theres some sorta 60hz humming through the amp coming on. it's easier if you either turn your bass down and play soft, or just turn it all off