Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cwbassist, Aug 25, 2003.

1. cwbassist

Aug 23, 2003
    today I have discovered my Ideal tone that cuts through guitar has plenty ogf thickness and could nock singer through a wall with only 150 watts of power, I acheived it buy boosting my low mids and bottom on my 7band eq on my amp and raising the middle slightly over the center notch, and to keep clarity and allowing me to cut trough the guitar I added a slight overdrive from my Ibanez pd7 pedal, it adds a slight "fuzz"effect that lets note definition shine and gives an amazing slap sound. there is more to it but I have to keep some of my sound a secret;) any way this is a place for you all to share some ideas to those looking for a better tone, don't give everything away just give people a reference point so they can discover an ULTIMATE TONE of their own :bassist:
  2. congrats there!lol!

I actually noticed I could get a really nice tone outta my guitar tube amp, a Crate handles the bass quite fine.and it sounds so CRISP!
  3. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    I won't keep anything secret. Heres what I do:

Turn down the treble/bass knob on my bass.
    Keep the mids low, the bass slightly high, and the treble midway on my amp.
    I try to stay away from 'bleeding' bass so I lower the bass until it stops 'bleeding'.

How my amp knobs look:
    Bass at 3 o clock
    Mids at 9 o clock
    Treble at 10 o clock

If I bought an amp with a band EQ I think I'd be lost heh. :p
  4. Yeah. Running through tube guitar gear helps a lot! I run an ADA MP2 tube guitar preamp in my rack. Cuts through like a bastard!
  5. cwbassist

Aug 23, 2003
    I just got an even better tone, see yesterday I joined a this band and they had me set up through a crate guitar combo, i think it only had a single 12 inch speaker but it gave me this incredible tone with an insane amount of high end bite which sounds just amazing while slapping and poping, and suprisingly I had plenty of bottom end, even on my low b, it copliments the guitarists tone too I think that will just be my tone with this band but I'm gonna add a 115 cab though