Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My unique loooking rig

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Smallequestrian, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Hope this is the right forum, but I couldn't decide. I just snagged a new amp from the gc labor day sale. When I got home I realized that my new amp and bass have a very similar motif going. Both things look retro but are relatively new in reality.

My new Ampeg b100 and Reverend definately project a real old school look and sound. Best of all I got the amp at a nice price. I am really digging the way this pair looks and sounds.

Here are a couple of pics. Anybody else with a unique looking setup should post a pic too.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very cool looking retro setup! I like it.:cool:

3. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    +1

4. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Looks good from this part of Dallas.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    That is sexy man... really sexy.

6. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    I'm diggin' it.

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Nice. Pretty cool setup you have going there.

8. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    That's old skool cool. If you don't mind, how much did you pay for that amp?? I didn't even know about GC's labor day giveaways.

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That is an awesome setup. Really vintage. The only guitar that could match that setup is the plaid danelectro I saw once in a guitar store. That was a sweet looking "6 string piccolo bass" :rolleyes: :D

10. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    The amp was $369 and it was new in box too. To be honest, I didn't even know about the sale when I went in. I went into that location because they had a used b50r(12" version) that I wanted to try for $299 and when I walked in it was crazy. They had a five-string spector rebop for $480 that i am kicking myself for not buying to sell on ebay. They had a whole slew of stuff on sale but I didn't get a chance to look at much since I was in a hurry. They also had a few MIM fretless jazzes for $299 that I wish I could have bought, but I just couldn't rationalize it.

11. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Wow, nice. I love the look of that bass. Very retro indeed. Too bad Reverend's discontinuing basses :/