Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Unique Stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KPJ, Apr 29, 2005.

1. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA

Here's my unique stack. It made its live debut on April 22 as I sat in with a blues band. My preamp is a Hartke Bass Attack pedal that I keep on my pedal board. From there the signal goes into the BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, then into the early '70's Sunn Coliseum Slave. The cabs are a 4 ohm Avatar 212 and a Joe's Cab loaded with an 8 ohm 400 watt EV 15". The load is 2.67 ohms, which is no problem because the Sunn can handle a 2 ohm load. I was very pleased with the way it sounded. Very full and punchy. The Sunn reproduced the tone of the preamp with very little coloration. The drummer mentioned that he had to get used to how clean my tone was with the volume up, as the regular bassist's tone got "dirty" as he turned up. For the record, I dial in a hint of bite with the Bass Attack's Harmonics control and set the mix control so that it's not too harsh.

It was a treat to use the big stack, with my main gig I go direct and rarely use a stage amp for monitoring.

2. ok, you changed it, nevermind me, nice rig!