Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My very first bass guitar......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by I am Domokun, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Is THIS any good? Just wondering as I know pretty much f*ck all about basses.

2. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    just my opinion -

a fender jazz copy is an excellent first bass

3. Hi,

I think it could be a good package to start bass....
    Think it could be great....
    You're living in Limerick!! near DELL factory??

Vince

4. Yep. Kinda. Why?

5. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    that is a good start but invest some money in having the bass properly set up once you get it. By a set up I mean making sure that the relief on the neck is right (this will affect the tension of the strings) and making sure the intonation is right so that the bass will stay in tune. since you are on the emerald isle I don't know how much that will cost but in the USA it can run between $20-50US. Welcome :)

6. 5intheface

5intheface

Dec 18, 2004
    I started on a Imitation J-bass in 8th grade, and played that thing untill this year when I bought a new one, and I'm a junior in High school now. It served me VERY well, and by sticking with the cheap instrument for so long it forced me to work harder to get decent tone out of it, so when I play my nice new Warwick Fortress, it sounds great. I still play my old cheap Jazz though, I had the fret groud down even to the neck to make it my first fretless!