Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My warwick is dead right now.. again..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ikickuintheballs, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Hey guys.. last week.. my warwick died.. I brought it to Guitar Center (where I bought it from April last year) and they said some exposed wires in the circuitry were touched and grounded so they said they fixed it.. that was $20.. well.. guess what.. it's dead again! I thought it was my cables going bad.. but then I used a different bass with my amp and it's not the amp or cables.. just the warwick.. now I gotta bring it back again... but seeing how it died again.. I'm afraid it'll do it again.. and waste another $20 after this.. What do you guys think? and also.. I have a Corvette STD 5-string.. Any help will be appreciated.. thanks

2. Shumph

Shumph

Aug 25, 2001
    On the move
    heh heh freeport huh? I used to live in baldwin. Has nothing to do with your warwick just thought I would mention it.

S

3. Kelvin

Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000
    Singapore.
    I'd suggest calling GC again, and informing them that the problem has recurred. They should not charge you for it as their previous work did not fully remedy the problem.

Or you could go to Roger Sadowsky who posts on Talkbass. While you're there, you could also install a preamp... :D

4. The first thing I would do is check myself if there is a problem with the wiring. And I also would contact Dana B. Goods. These guys are very friendly and maybe able to help you. Check out their page here.

5. Those dudes @ guitarcentre are just a bunch of screwups.. :mad: Warwick has exelent service ! just get in touch with warwick.

6. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Man, first mistake was bringing it back to GC. NEVER LET anyone that works there touch your bass. I don't care if the person SAYS THEY ARE A LUTHIER. DON'T. My old guitarist brought his Ibanez 7 string Sabre to a "so called part time luthier" to GC for a set up and he cracked the finish for one thing, and bowed the neck back when it was already bowed back. They also lost two screws in the bridge when trying to adjust it. NEVER EVER PLEASE! There are more horror stories about GC and I forgot the webpage, but there are millions of horror stories from sales tactics to set ups. They hire anyone, and I mean ANYONE. Its like McDonalds. If you need a job you can either work at McDonalds or GC. Seriously. Their management is totally unorganized. Ok enough venting. sorry

Anyway either find a "respectable" luthier in your area or contact Warwick / Dana B Goods yourself. And they will arrange it with GC. Don't trust GC. NEVER NEVER.

7. Thanks for the help guys.. what's Mr. Sadowsky's name on here?

I also checked my wiring before I went.. there seemed to be nothing wrong.. I thought it was the input on the bass first.. the guy said that it was an exposed wire in the circuits.. there is one.. but I didn't even go near it so I don't see how it went dead again.. I'm going to e-mail dana b. goods tomorrow some time as well to see what they say.. thanks guys!

Shumph.. sorry to hear you lived in baldwin... hahah ;) j/k :)

8. If you do a search of the TB archive you will find that many, many folk have had "challenges" with their MEC electronics. I have owned three 'Wick's and the preamps died in TWO of them. That's like a 66.66% failure rate or something. Gut it, stick a nice Bartolini (or something) preamp in there and be thankful they didn't die live onstage like mine did. MEC SUCK.

9. I'd go buy the Bart Preamp and Pups.. if I had $$.. I'm on a limited amout of funds so I'm going to just repair the electronics and hope it doesn't happen again..

10. You only have a 33.33% of that not happening again, by my figures....
    ;)