Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Warwick's new color

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 8_finger, Jan 5, 2003.

1. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    My Warwick is back. :D
    Here's how it looked:

2. 8_finger

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    And here's how it looks now:

3. 8_finger

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    And here's closer look at the finish:
    the color is supposed to be lake placid blue
    anyway I just wanted to share
    comments are welcome (good and bad)

4. hibeam

hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    USA
    Very, very funky. I normally really like natural finishes but for some reason I don't like that bass in natural transparent nearly as much as I dig it in that blue color. Slick!

5. I'd say better before. Now kinda looks like a solid color rockbass. I mean, the finish is done very well and would ususally be a good color. But that wenge neck really fights with that color. A lighter color neck would have went really well w/ that color.

6. 8_finger

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I had intended it to be funky the old finish was some sort of plain wood color that luthier couldn't get out of the wood so I chose funky & sparkling lake placid blue :)

7. JMBass

JMBass

Nov 27, 2002
    Portugal
    Forgive me 8_finger but I prefer the natural color

8. i prefer the natural too, but the blue is definitely pretty snazzy.

9. cool color; i definitely dig it. i just wouldn't have chosen that color for that particular bass. it just seems like the kind of finish for a stingray or something. and i'm a total sucker for natural finishes, anyway.

10. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    It looks like a whole new bass! They did a great job.

11. 8_finger

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Actually I also prefernatural finishes but the old finish was catastrophy: paint wasn't the original color - it was color people usually use to paint fences, plus it was schratched badly. I got this warwich cheap because of that.
    So I decided the bass needs new finish, after a while luthier did what he could and still the old paint couldn't be removed. Next choice was lake placid blue

12. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    looks alot better i think! were did you get it done at and how much did it cost?!

13. 8_finger

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    A local luthier did it for 150€ (I guess it's same in dollars). I think the price was bit high but the guy did fantastic job with it.

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Warwick. The sound of......paint ;)

15. I dont like solid color finishes, and wouldn't have done somehting like it to that bass if it was mine, but it looks much better than before.. and It looks great with the wenge of the neck IMO. I like that sort of combination..

16. if I had a Warwick it would be bright neon yellow.

17. i like lake placid blue. so much that my bass is lake placid blue... nice color choice!:D

18. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I prefer the LPB. Nice refin job!

19. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It looks awesome!

I would have easily paid that much for a high quality refin.

Peace
    Nick