My Website

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bassman_Spike, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Hello Everyone

I just made this website over the weekend. I wrote it myself using good old notepad. It is very basic at the moment.

My website

I will eventually add some of my bass recordings to the site.
    I do need some help though with some code
    How do you do i line that like divides the page horizontally like this? ____________ but take up the whole page side ways if you no what i mean kinda like the diveder between this message and my sig
    How do you do links to files?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    <A HREF="file_path/file_name.type">text to show in browser</A>
    [edit]I read your question wrong...fixed my answer[/edit]
  3. speddling, that's just not in php ya know ;) same basic stuff for html :p interestin lookin site, keep up the good work! I remember when I first started out ;) Now im currently workin on :):)
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    heh, it was 2am sorry about that :meh:

But HTML and PHP ain't even close to the same basic stuff. PHP is a server side Scripting Language (like all of Paul's pages here at TB, dynamic content) and HTML is a simple client side document mark up language. I still perfer Perl as it's what I've always used... but the more I do in PHP, the more I'm liking it.

Cool PostNuke skin you got.

check out some of my work (I'm really an admin..not a web designer): <-- my personal page done in Vim and HomeSite(sometimes Notepad) <-- One of my current customers and am always looking for ways to improve it. <-- I did it quick and dirty so Brian could take care of it himself (I considered a Nuked site... but the BBS system was the route we chose.
  5. Yeah I've seen that stuff, good stuff :)...what I mean tho was that that is the same stuff used in HTML that is very basic :) Guess I worded that wrong? Heh. Thanks about the skin...had to do some er...editing :ninja:
  6. wow tyler that website looks great

make my site look pretty budget :)