My (well, almost mine) new (well, not new) amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by allan grossman, Oct 28, 2002.

1. I decided to take the plunge.

Behold the mighty Marshall 3505 bass stack below.

30 ear-shattering watts

2 - 1x10" cabs

37" high

Isn't this the coolest practice/small gig amp you've ever seen? I'm still working out the details with the seller but I think this thing is just wicked cool...

2. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    dude... that is way to cool! i kept thinking about getting the guitar version until I got a deal I couldn't pass up on a Line 6! I may have to find me one of those bass amps, though!

3. Yup - I just closed the deal.

I'm getting sick of hauling around 200 lb of gear just to play with friends. I've been looking for a practice/really small gig amp for awhile and when I saw this I couldn't pass it up - and I did try ;)
  4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    All you need now is an 18" replica of Stonehenge;)
  5. I have a 17" replica on my monitor, Brad :D

Is that 30 watts per speaker? what's the resistence on those cabs?
    details! Surely only 60 watta can't be very loud for gigs??

maybe jamming.. But i'd like to be louder ;)

Still, I thought that was fake at first! looks like a big blow up toy, teehee! Looks great!:rolleyes: :D
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    i've seen those little marshel geetar amps.. didn't know they had the same in a bass amp version.. kinda cool... how much did you grab it for?
  8. They quit making the bass amp in 1991. I got this one for $300 - which is a little more than the g*itar model costs new.

And it's 30 watts - not 60, Microbass. If the cabs are the same impedance as the g*itar amp they're both 16 ohm cabs. I'll know a lot more once I get the thing - which should be next week.

I think it's great - my Jazz bass is about 5" taller than this stack is :D
  9. ok, so does that mean each speaker is 15 watts? or am I just making a fool of myself? ;)
  10. I don't know, Microbass - I only know the head is rated at 30 watts. For all I know the cabinets could be rated at 50 watts each :D