Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My (well, almost mine) new (well, not new) amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by allan grossman, Oct 28, 2002.

1. I decided to take the plunge.

Behold the mighty Marshall 3505 bass stack below.

30 ear-shattering watts

2 - 1x10" cabs

37" high

Isn't this the coolest practice/small gig amp you've ever seen? I'm still working out the details with the seller but I think this thing is just wicked cool...

[​IMG]

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    dude... that is way to cool! i kept thinking about getting the guitar version until I got a deal I couldn't pass up on a Line 6! I may have to find me one of those bass amps, though!

P@

3. Yup - I just closed the deal.

I'm getting sick of hauling around 200 lb of gear just to play with friends. I've been looking for a practice/really small gig amp for awhile and when I saw this I couldn't pass it up - and I did try ;)

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    All you need now is an 18" replica of Stonehenge;)

5. I have a 17" replica on my monitor, Brad :D

6. IT'S SOOOOO COOOOT!!!

Is that 30 watts per speaker? what's the resistence on those cabs?
    details! Surely only 60 watta can't be very loud for gigs??

maybe jamming.. But i'd like to be louder ;)

Still, I thought that was fake at first! looks like a big blow up toy, teehee! Looks great!:rolleyes: :D

7. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    i've seen those little marshel geetar amps.. didn't know they had the same in a bass amp version.. kinda cool... how much did you grab it for?

8. They quit making the bass amp in 1991. I got this one for $300 - which is a little more than the g*itar model costs new.

And it's 30 watts - not 60, Microbass. If the cabs are the same impedance as the g*itar amp they're both 16 ohm cabs. I'll know a lot more once I get the thing - which should be next week.

I think it's great - my Jazz bass is about 5" taller than this stack is :D

9. ok, so does that mean each speaker is 15 watts? or am I just making a fool of myself? ;)

10. I don't know, Microbass - I only know the head is rated at 30 watts. For all I know the cabinets could be rated at 50 watts each :D