1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Wife April Allison / 1963 – 2010

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Solarmist, May 2, 2010.

1. As some of you know my wife died March 5 (the day before my Dad’s birthday) at the age of 46 from pneumonia, and in combination with a heart attack she had two months earlier that no one even knew she had - exactly one week after an operation on her esophagus. She wasn’t in the best shape having systematic lupus (an inflammatory autoimmune disorder); a horrible disease that only gets worse as time goes by, but can’t help think that if they just would have kept her for a couple more days after the operation (Feb 26, and discharged Feb 28) for observation knowing she had lupus – I think they would have caught it before it progressed.

We called the doctor on Thursday 4th because she wasn’t breathing quite right, and they said it was “normal” after that type of surgery, and to call back if it got worse. She was starting to feel really bad Friday 5th so I called the hospital, and told them we were on our way. As we were getting into the car she collapsed, and I called 911. She died in my arms before the paramedics got here – I started CPR till they got there, but they couldn’t bring her back, and took her to the hospital. I got there just in time to hear them pronounce her dead at about 4:30 pm 3/5.

It’s hard to imagine this level of pain/shock after knowing her 22 years, and married a little over 20 years (Aug 19, 1989); then in the next day or two having to choose a cemetery, the burial plot, and the worst part – having to pick a casket. I couldn’t do it, and didn’t even want to see it so my brother and sister did that for me. I could not bear to see her dead in a box so she was buried, and we had a memorial service for her. I couldn’t handle a memory of her lifeless body in a box. My sister helped me with the obituary and eulogy I also had to write.

We are both believers so I know where she’s at, and I know her main concern would be the animals; her kitty she rescued after almost dying, 2 dogs, and 8 rabbits.

I haven’t touched my basses since, but I’m sure it will come back after time.

Thank you all for the nice comments/support in the original thread I posted. I miss being here at TB - my favorite site, but I just don’t have much to say right now. It will take time.

Guys – love your wives with all your heart because you’ll never know when something could go drastically wrong, and in the blink of an eye - your whole world has ended as you know it, and you’re forced down a different road you never wanted to travel.

David Lee

Obituary plus more info on April > http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tribnet/obituary.aspx?n=april-allison-otterson&pid=140702325

Here are some pictures from some of her birthday parties at Moms a few years back:

mr070013_4. mr140001.

mr070006. mr070007.

ja26-0012. ja26-0011.

de27-0003_2. mr070011_1.

2. I'll be back later; this is the day I go to the cemetary, and sit in the grass with her.

3. Much love & prayers from NorCal.

4. My thoughts and prayers go out to you brother

5. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    David, I am sorry to hear about your loss! I am a Christian pastor. PM me if you need to talk and I will pass on my contact info onto you! In the mean time, I will be praying for you in that the Lord will give you comfort and strength.
    Jay

6. This is very sad. I can't begin to imagine what could be going on inside. I say this as my wife and kids are upstairs taking a nap. I think I'll go and lay down next to her just because. I'm still praying for you man. Stay strong and in prayer brother.

7. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    God bless David, my prayers are with you.

-Bob

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

God Bless you. My Sympathies.

9. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm so sorry David for your loss. Hang in there and know that your fellow talkbass friends are here for you.

10. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    My wife and kids are my world. I can't imagine what you are going through. I'm so sorry.

11. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    This made me cry bro... I'm sorry for your loss.

12. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    It's nice to see you on TB again David.

Please take good care of yourself.

- Gary

13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you have my deepest sympathies, man. i can't imagine what you're going through.

14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

15. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    God Bless you David,

I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

16. Eric Grossman

Eric Grossman

Nov 3, 2004
    St. Louis
    Endorsing Artist: Hipshot Products and SIT Strings
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Your loss is Heaven's gain. You'll see her again some day. God bless.

17. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    So sorry to hear about your loss.

18. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    Always remember that she is right beside you, so honor her with every thing you do. Be the best you can be, because she will always be smiling on you! One thing for sure, always remember the happy times together, the laughing,the quiet and intimate moments. My prayers for you and your family David!

19. hamertek98

hamertek98

Apr 3, 2004
    Indiana
    You're in my thoughts.

20. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    This ^.