1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My wife asked me why I have so many basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by osuok88, Apr 17, 2010.

1. osuok88

osuok88 Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX - USA
    I have 6 basses and I asked her back why she has so many shoes :)-0

2. quigg

quigg

Jul 27, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    Ruh-roh.

3. Chicks......:rollno:

Gotta love 'em.......I guess.:bag:

4. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Parts of 'em.

5. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Have a good night on the sofa.

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I told my wife "Because you won't let me have that many girlfriends!!!"

7. I used to say *Women- can't live them, can't sell them into slavery*
    Of course that's not entirely true...
    :D

8. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    next time just smack her and say "women get me a beer"

9. Tell her you're gonna miss her.

<<cue: dead smiley face>>

10. See if I had a girlfriend and asked her this... she'd probably ask me back the same question, lol!

11. "why do you have so many questions?'

12. Soonerbldr

Soonerbldr Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    The problem is, if she is like my wife, each pair of her shoes probably cost more than each one of your basses...

13. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Yup. I know two different women EACH of which owns more than 300 pairs of shoes. Not only that they BOTH have a purse collection that matches each pair of shoes!

Funny thing was during the press thing over Imelda Marcos and her 1000 pairs of shoes, one of them got guilty and trimmed the collection to a mere 200 pairs of shoes! I think it's back up where it was again.

Man, measured by my bass collection I have a LONG way to go to measure up!

14. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    +1

That's what I would've said.

15. my gf never asks that question because she has 3 cheep strats (altho saying that ive modded 2 of them)

16. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

You guys know some strange women. Maybe you should hang with a different crowd. My girlfriend never asks why I have more than one bass. Well, when we were first going out she did, but I explained why and she thought my answer made perfect sense. She even understood, upon hearing, why I splurged for a tube amp. I was a musician when she met me, and so it's not a big deal to her for me to spend money on bass stuff, as that's what I've spent it on as long as she's known me.

She has.... I think like five or six pairs of shoes? I don't know. She owns a couple pairs of nice shoes and a couple pairs of sneakers. And some hiking boots I think. Not many.

17. BBBruno

BBBruno

Sep 17, 2005
    Milford, CT
    Interesting; I have around 35 basses and my wife told me that as far as she is concerned I can have all the basses I want, citing the fact that I don't smoke, drink, gamble, cheat, carouse, subject her to any kind of abuse, and provide well as a husband. She even roadies for me at gigs and takes photos for the band; it's good to have a partner that is totally supportive, and I respond in kind to her endeavors as well.

18. BIGBEE

BIGBEE

May 27, 2006
    i got a bass for my wife it was the best trade i ever made!

19. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Without counting, I own at least 10 pair of western boots, probably that many pairs of sneakers, probably 10 or so pairs of dress shoes, and 30 basses. I don't have a wife.