1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Wired In-Ear Setup

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by DennyOnBass, Mar 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I've participated in quite a few threads lately asking about wired in-ear setups, so I thought I'd put together a quick video showing how I've assembled mine. I'll probably eventually redo this, but I happened to have all of my stuff out and my wife was available so I just rolled with it. This is obviously not necessarily the best way to do this, just an option.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

elgecko and s0c9 like this.
  2. image. Great video! love your set up... just made the jump to wired iem myself. Im using an Ampeg scr-di. The xlr output is way hotter somi have been running it into a cheap Behringer monitor amp, the line thru to the board and then a monitor send back to me thru the behringer 1/4 input. Havent tried this live yet, was wondering... do you get enought level send from the monitor mix using 1/4 input? (we also use the 32x system so i can mix my own monitors via ipad). have been wanting to pull the trigger on a better amp and had been looking at the rolls. Do you get enough level, and Is the signal clear? Thanks for your help. p.s. im using aurisonics kickers iem.

3. With my headphone amp, I really need to use the 1/4" input to get a proper level. This weekend I played a gig on an island and we had to keep freight down, so I skipped bringing the pedalboard and snake and just brought the Rolls. I forgot to take my XLR to 1/4" adapter, so I skipped passing the mic through the Rolls and just used the XLR input for my monitor level. I was barely able to dial in a signal that didn't distort in my ears, and it took a lot of dialing in to do so. My drummer is using a Behringer headphone amp and has found the same thing to be true.

4. huge help! Thanks so much. I actualy ordered the rolls 50s today ;). Im also taking a shot at a set of Sony MDR 7550 iem's. Single 10 mm dynamic. Any knowledge good or bad on them?

5. bfields

bfields

Apr 9, 2015
    When I had similar trouble, I found an attenuator was a cheap and easy fix:

Amazon.com: Hosa ATT448 Input Attenuator XLR Female to XLR Male: Everything Else

(No endorsement implied, that was just one of the first things I stumbled across on Amazon.)

6. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Similar rig for me, except I use the Rolls PM351. It allows me to do all that your rig does, plus can act as the bass DI if I want to go really minimal. I'll often use it and a Zoom MS-100BT as the whole rig.

Great video!!