My Wireless IMPROVED my tone

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tunaman, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Theres no doubt about it. Worlds better tone, especially in the midrange.
    I bought the Shure ULXS wireless for 480 & Northern Sound & Light. I play a MM Sterling with an Eden Navigator. I was actually going to look at buying another bass until I plugged into the Shure. I had no idea that tone would improve. I'm been using Monster cables (Which are HORRIBLE by the way... keep falling out of the bass). I use a 20 foot cord & sometimes a 2nd one for a big stage.
    Has anyone else experienced improved tone from a wireless?
    THANKS TO MUNJI by the way for the tip on Northern Sound & Light
  2. glad to hear your findings. i've got the same unit from NSL coming thanks to munji. keep us posted...please! :D
  3. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I think...and I certainly could be wrong...that due to FCC regs...wireless units are prevented fron transmitting frequencies below 50hz or so.

That can go a long way toward acting like a mud filter and making the mid's pop out a little more...
  4. could the 20 ft cable be a reason? (I am not sure, actually asking)
  5. Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    I've heard that past a 10 foot cord you lose tone. To be honest with you... its damn near impossible to play a rock concert with some stage presence with a 10 footer. I've usually been disatisfied with 40' of cord. I'll take the wireless