Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Wireless IMPROVED my tone

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tunaman, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Theres no doubt about it. Worlds better tone, especially in the midrange.
    I bought the Shure ULXS wireless for 480 & Northern Sound & Light. I play a MM Sterling with an Eden Navigator. I was actually going to look at buying another bass until I plugged into the Shure. I had no idea that tone would improve. I'm been using Monster cables (Which are HORRIBLE by the way... keep falling out of the bass). I use a 20 foot cord & sometimes a 2nd one for a big stage.
    Has anyone else experienced improved tone from a wireless?
    THANKS TO MUNJI by the way for the tip on Northern Sound & Light

2. glad to hear your findings. i've got the same unit from NSL coming thanks to munji. keep us posted...please! :D

3. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I think...and I certainly could be wrong...that due to FCC regs...wireless units are prevented fron transmitting frequencies below 50hz or so.

That can go a long way toward acting like a mud filter and making the mid's pop out a little more...

4. could the 20 ft cable be a reason? (I am not sure, actually asking)

5. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I've heard that past a 10 foot cord you lose tone. To be honest with you... its damn near impossible to play a rock concert with some stage presence with a 10 footer. I've usually been disatisfied with 40' of cord. I'll take the wireless