Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My young band , first songs recorded in my studio

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by jesserr17, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Hey everyone , I have a fairly young band as u'll prolly be able to tell buy songs .. We're all 17 and been playing r instrements half year to a year and i'm the drummer... anyway , i have a small homestudio i built and woul like some people to analize the music(how the bands progressing) and also the quality of the mix/recording .. thx a lot :)

www.catalystband.com/

2. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    i listened to the 2 finals "amit" and "slag"
    and they're quite good. i've definately heard worse from people who played their instruments
    longer.

there were some issues with timing at some places, but nothing too bad. again, i've heard worse.

i do however recommend to work on your spelling.
    you're already 17.

3. lol thx for the tip.. if your talking about the errors on the website ? thats not me it's my retarded guitar player :)

anyone else got any comments on the songs? what do you think of my singer??

4. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    :eek:

heh.

sorry. ;)

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Whoa! I've heard those songs! I think it was in the guitar amp area down at GC last weekend ...

6. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I listened to the first one..whichever one that is. I didn't like the guitar distortion. Try something more cirspy,(maybe less drive and more tone, or use just slight distortion not overdrive) and that might even take some of the muddiness out of the mix.

7. SeeSharp

SeeSharp

Sep 26, 2002
    Georgia
    What did you use to record with?

~C#~

8. heya,

i just want to say that your stuff is really really good,and i highly respect it as ive come across hundreds of dorks who say they're in band and dont have any songs or anything.
    in time you lot are gonna be awsome!

i too am in a youth band (i'm 16)

you can hear some demos at www.theravelles.com

thanx again!

n

Mod Edit: Please watch the language M'Kay?

9. KidNamedFord

KidNamedFord

Aug 17, 2003
    MI
    Golly shucks, i wish i was in a band... im thirteen and i used to jam with a bunch of the seniors cause they were my brothers friends... but they graduated so now it blows... but theres this kid "twiggs" who plays drums and this other kid "jake" who plays guitar, and me "stu FORD"... and we are planning on gettin to gether some time...

Mod edit: please watch the language

10. deadweeds

deadweeds

Oct 28, 2002
    Harbor Beach,MI
    Wow...I dig it....I think the singer is decent

11. Ya'll are off to a good start. Like the singers voice a lot. Cool vintage instruments, you should be able to get a better tone out of that SG the guitar sound on Anit reminded me of the Reagen Youth album I bought in 83 when I was your age. Keep playing and recording as much as you can and you will coninue to get better and better.:bassist:

12. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    its good...you need to work on the flow...make it smoother.. its kind of choppie.
    the transistions need to be smoother also

her voice is good..try no tto use that effect the whole time tho'

steve