Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my Zon Sonus Special 5 :(

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by DarkMazda, Dec 29, 2002.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Yes.. I've concluded after playing a 5 string for almost a year now. I can NOT play 5s.. My left hand just hates it.. I was looking in for a trade for a 4 string.. Anyone interested in a trade with me by any chance? Please PM me or reply to this post and we will discuss a possible trade or $..

DM

2. bassjamz

bassjamz

May 7, 2001
    Chandler Az.
    I've got a Warwick b/o thumb 4 string.Do you want to make a deal?

3. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    I have a salas 4 string to trade. any interest?

4. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Any photos, DarkMazda?

5. Forgot to mention that I PM'd you, DM.

-Dave

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Wish I had some $$$! That would look really nice on the wall next to my Zon fretless.

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    [​IMG]

this is an old pic that I've taken of hte bass.. I don't have my digicam on me yet so. I've recently changed the strap lock to Dunlops..

D

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    bassjamz: No thanks. I don't want a bolt on warwick. I don't like Warwick necks. I don't like the neckdive on Thumbs.. Thumb BO is not worth the same as a Zon.. sorry

jivetkr: i've already tried/heard about that Salas.. definitely not my cup of tea tone wise. and again, the salas is not worth the Zon

JerryJ: the post before this one :)

Sock: yes I've recieved it, I posted the pic here and I will try to get more info to you asap

embellisher: I know.. I wish u had a Rapture J2 4 string!! Make that trade right now!

D

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Sometimes I wish that someone would have a Zon Sonus 4 or a Legacy Standard 4 that they would trade.. but u know.. :p

D

10. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
  11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    don't sell your bass, dude. keep it - you sound really good with it. :)

12. Ditto, dude. I wish I could NOT play my five string as cool as that.

-Dave

13. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Man, DarkMazda that is a very sweet looking Zon. I'd be hard pressed to give that one up. Just take the B string off.

If you get to the point of just selling it....maybe I can work something out.

14. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    since you don't like any of those how about a MIA jazz?
    maple fretboard.
    and some money of course,
    perfect condition. have all of the hang tags.

steve

15. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I would want a Graphite Neck and Barts again.. I wish JRBrown didn't sell his Zon Sonus 4 Special!!! I would've bought that!

D

16. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Yeah, Right! I would have traded that bass for a pack of strings at one point. The new owner should be receiving it tomorrow. He's in CA. If he doesn't like it, I'll let you know. It came with a new case and gig bag.