1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Myles Kennedy with slash! pretty damn good

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by thehangingmist, May 11, 2010.

1. there are a whole bunch of songs from the gig and am pretty impressed :bassist: of course he is not axle but he does the job very very well imo, he sounds close but not like a clone which is superb. i have'nt heard anyone do these songs this well. what do ya think? :D

2. Funkturnal

Funkturnal

Nov 17, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    For some reason, seeing a lineup with Slash seems more like the authentic GNR to me than seeing the current "official" GNR with Axl. Brings back memories.

3. yeah totally! :bassist:

4. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Agreed. I think GnRs guitar work was more essential than axls vocals... Or at least they were for me and my reasons for liking them.

5. pnut166

pnut166

Jun 5, 2008
    alabama
    GnR was Slash, Duff, and Izzy. The others were expendable.

6. i agree, although i've said it before: i really love chinese democracy. it sounds nothing like vintage GNR, but i think the songs are great, and robin finck(sp?) is a monster player. he's not in the band anymore, but he ripped on that record.