1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Myrtle Pedals Brassmaster Fuzz Clone $109 shipped! like Assmaster

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by kazuhank, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Myrtle Pedals Brassmaster Clone
    British pedal maker Myrtle's Brassmaster Clone. This pedal was a one-off and not one of their usual production pieces. It is essentially a Brassmaster clone that is very similar to the Malekko but in a smaller unfinished enclosure. The build quality is top notch! The knobs control wet/dry mix and fuzz level and the toggle switch and left footswitch control the equivalent of the Malekko's "Ass" and "Harmonic" switches. The other footswitch is for bypass. No battery operation, it runs on 9V wall wart only. Here is a soundclip from Myrtle of this actual pedal Brassmaster Clone Audio
    I'm looking to sell, as I'm thinning out my pedal board, not looking to add anything right now, so for sale only.
    $109 PPD
    7782601776_364aa2479c_z.

7782600388_c61900871b_z.

7782601052_cf58f8c7a6_z.

2. The germanium assmaster is more mellow than the silicon. Does this do mellow?

3. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    The switch has two settings, one of which is mellower. Again, it's a pretty versatile pedal. The audio clip link shows the higher gain/more saturated sound.

4. Curious, does it maintain unity gain ie does the volume vary with the blend, and off/on?

5. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    You can obtain unity gain in some of the settings. In my experience, I had better luck getting unity gain in one of the dip switch settings, more than the other, but of course your mileage may vary.

6. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Still waiting for an owner. Bump.

7. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    bump

8. kazuhank

kazuhank