Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mysongbook.com

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Growler, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Growler

Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    Ok, Dunno if this goes here or "offtopic" but whatever...

So I've been an avid supporter of GuitarPro, I bought version 4 and then again for version 5. However, in the past week, it seems like every time I click something, I get either a popup ad, a 'slide over' ad or some annoying advertisement. I bought the software, I sign into mysongbook.com with my account, yet still I get inundated with ads.

WHAT GIVES...:eyebrow: I use firefox with adblock/flashblock and still I get this cr@p.

2. www.911tabs.com, its a tab search engine, you can search for gutiar pro tabs. Wait, if you bought version 5 how come you didnt get the 40,000 guitar pro files from mysongbook?

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Google toolbar! haven't gotten a pop-up since, plus its like no matter where i am, I'm always at Google. Spellchecker, auto-fill, it's the best!

4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    heres what you do because I get the same problem if my settings arent right. Before you go to mysongbook.com click tools above then go to options. Next, click on web features. Now uncheck "Enable Java" and "Enable JavaScript" Then click ok. You may have to turn it back on for some websites.

5. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    sounds like you might have spyware, adware,

Run Ad-Aware (www.lavasoft.com) on your PC a few times and see if it comes up with anything.

6. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    It's not spyware it's just the way the website is. If he follows my directions things will be fine. The reason for all of the ads is because they don't make enough mone in donations, so they let companies pay them to advirtise their products.

7. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    In that case, I would no longer use that site. :)

8. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    It's not a big problem. It's just two quick unchecks. Plus it's Guitar Pro's biggest tab archive.