Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Myspace.com Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slipperyPete, Mar 11, 2006.

1. I looked into starting a myspace.com site to host my music on, but it appears to me that you can only upload 4 songs. Does anyone know if you get to upload more than 4 if you stay longer or what's the deal? If I can only upload 4 songs it seems kind of pointless unless I want to constantly be rotating which songs I have up. Any input is appreciated.

2. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Not to derail, but is it possible to upload stuff directly from your computer?

3. Where else would I upload stuff from?

4. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    4 songs only, as far as I know.

5. Any size limit... if not I'll just ram a bunch of songs into one file?

6. I think you can have more, but you have to pay.

I think.

7. So fine; do four songs for a while, then replace them with four others, You get what you pay for, right?.....

.......free???................

8. ollybarclay

ollybarclay

Dec 14, 2005
    it's free and you can have 4 songs.

you could obviously post a link to wherever the other songs are stored: www.purevolume.com for example...

9. Personally I tihnk rotation is a good idea.
    I'm more likely to come back if I hear for great pieces, when tomorrow I might be able to hear another 4 great pieces.

I usually put up 4 songs, change one a week, so within a month we have 4 new 'uns up. Routine changes depend on how lazy I'm feeling, of course. ;)

10. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Sorry to derail further.....I went to Myspace as well. Opened up an acount, but I can't seem to figure out how to get songs on there. How do you do it???

11. You may have to start a new account - make sure its under the MUSIC section - thent heres an easy way tio upload files

Also chekc out Jean Baudin's mysapce, he has a separate player fo rmore songs - ask him about it

12. I suppose I will go with the rotation idea, I agree that it might be a good way to attract repeat visitors. Anyone know if they have a limit to the size of the tracks though?

13. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Jean Baudin, he sucks!!!

Just kiddin! Amazing player and beautiful basses...love the Joust...brings back so many memories in the arcade.

Anyways...thanks for the info.

14. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    you can only upload 4 max, but I don't see anywhere that a size limit is imposed.

We got around it by setting up a second account for our band. Just use 'your band name2' or something, you can always change the display name to whatever you want. Others don't use the Myspace player, but embed other programs/players into their page so they can get unlimited songs. I'm not sure how or where you'd do that though.

Definitely worth setting up an account there. Rotate if you want, or set up other accounts, but get on there. It's glitchy as heck, but it can be a good tool for your band. has been for us!

15. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    yeah, Tagworld's not bad, we've been there for a little while. They're still getting some kinks worked out, but it's pretty cool. Very easy to customise, and you can upload video too.

http://www.tagworld.com/analogmissionary