1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Myspace, Networking, Jazz Chops and Fretless!!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by phippsyg, Jun 12, 2007.

1. phippsyg

phippsyg

May 28, 2007
    Sydney
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Optima Strings
    Hi all,
    So thought I would put a few things into this one post, they are all kind of related. Have recently decided to have a decent crack at being a "muso". Having completed a music degree a few years back now I think I was a bit burnt out and packed it in for a while, but now I really want to get out there. So it seems Myspace is a good way to do this. But how should I use it? I put up a page a few weeks ago and am not sure what I should put on it. Would love it if people could look at it and help out (this isn't a look at me post, I really am looking for some advice). Have also got back into getting the jazz chops back up on the fretless and have forgotten what a different world it can be. Am happy with bits of the solo on the confirmation track but don't know if it is overall good enough to stay up there on the myspace page. All the tracks are a bit rough at the moment because I just wanted to get it going. Any tips with this and the whole getting back into the scene would be appreciated. By the way am in Australia so the scene is pretty tight! Thanks for reading this far. :)

Don't know how to put the link in for myspace it is
    www.myspace.com/phippsyg.
    (yes I do!)

2. phippsyg

phippsyg

May 28, 2007
    Sydney
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Optima Strings
    Prob should have given people more opportunity to say how much they love (insert brand) in this post. Oh well.

3. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    myspace isn't the end all and be all to you marketing yourself as a bassist. What's going to be way more important are the connections you establish from playing with other people, sitting in on jams, auditioning, etc.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021