Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mysterious Boogie cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I thought I knew it all about the history of Boogie bass gear, but I had somebody swearing he had seen a (what he claimed was) a Powerhouse Sr., which was a cab with 4x10's and 1x18. He said he say the dude from Voodoo Glow Skulls had one. I know of the Powerhouse 1000 and the Powerhouse Jr., but this? Was there such an animal, or was this dude one taco short of a combination plate?

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I could be speaking pure crap, but it seems like I've seen one of those before. By all means, don't take that as a confirmation, though. It's purely my crappy recollection.

3. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

This is how I understand it. The newer cab line's name is either "Powerhouse" or "RoadReady". The older line was "Diesel" and "RoadReady" They had the same offerings as now except the "Powrhouse" that referred to the model and not the whole line, was the 4-10 + 115 in the middle. The "P- Jr." was 4-8s and a 12 in the middle. Some people would say "P-Sr." just to distinguish the difference from the Jr., not as a 3rd offering.

4. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    powerhouse mesa cabs are soooo nice. :)

5. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I seriously doubt there was a production cabinet like this. Mesa does build custom cabinets for professionals, however.

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Actually, the only custom stuff Mesa does that I'm aware of are things like colours, leather coverings, hardwood cabs, stuff like that. They will occasionally mod an amp (like my Triaxis has been converted to a bass preamp, which isn't a big deal). I doubt they would build an entire cab for somebody; correct me if I am wrong.