1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mysterious changing fedex delivery date...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pcake, Dec 3, 2018.

1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    i had a bass coming from sweetwater. it was scheduled to be delivered on saturday, and it required a sig, so i stayed home to wait for it.

the odd thing is that tracking said it was leaving rialto at 8 something am, and i've never had a same day shipment from rialto to here - they always have to be received by a fedex depot, so they're delivered the following day. but it kept saying it was still due today (that was on saturday) and was en route from rialto, so i worked as i waited.

then at 4pm, fedex tracking suddenly changed so that where it had said it was to be delivered saturday, it now said delivery was pending with no date. disappointing because there were things i'd rather do than sit around the house waiting for fedex, but things happen, right?

early sunday morning, it changed to say that the shipment was scheduled for delivery tuesday.

i just checked, and now tracking simultaneously says
    Scheduled delivery: Tuesday 12/04/2018 by end of day

and below that it says

Monday , 12/03/2018 4:56 am
    BELL, CA On FedEx vehicle for delivery

i wonder if it will arrive today, tomorrow or some random other day?

on another odd fedex note, my husband's christmas present from me is coming from AMS. it says on the email that arrived a few minutes ago

"Your delivery is scheduled for ,"

as you can see, there's no date

has fedex gone mad? are they trying to drive me mad? have you gotten weird fedex delivery dates/notices/tracking info in the last few days or is it only me???? only time will tell :D

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    It's December. They're busy.

TolerancEJ, Nev375 and pcake like this.
  3. mrcbass

mrcbass

Jan 14, 2016
    Sacramento, CA
    I think they may be having some system issues - I got a couple of odd messages indicating that something was expected to be delivered "today" - one was on Saturday (nothing) and then I got the same message on Sunday. Don't even know if it was FedEx, but things are whack right now in the shipping world.

I always have signature required stuff dropped at a fed ex location - I just refuse take the time off required to be home for a delivery, that is "sometime before end of day".

TolerancEJ and pcake like this.
  4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I worked a few holiday temp jobs with them before I eventually snagged a year round courier job. That was many years ago, but this time of the year is always ridiculous. I'd put good money on it not being only you! Yel_wink.

FWIW, my wife worked there for a very long time and had access to internal tracking info. Sometimes it's better to not know how the sausage is made, IMO and IME.

Spidey2112 and pcake like this.
  5. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Everything related to shipping gets disrupted between Thanksgiving and New Years. Also, USPS took yesterday off for the national day of mourning. That one day of shutdown couldn’t come at a worse time for them in terms of keeping everything moving and on time.

6. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    I bought a bass from a TBer on tuesday, he said he very apologetically said that he got it to fed ex half an hour after the pickup cutoff and I should have it friday. After I ran the tracking number yesterday it said NBD was going to be thursday (today)!!! Woo Hoo! I check the tracking number this morning and now it says Friday. I got out of bed all excited today and was all smiles at work for nothing!

Anyway, I'm sure it just has to do with volume but it does get frustrating. Especially If I was at home waiting for it.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  7. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    We got a delivery from the post office on Sunday last week.

On Sunday.

... From the US Postal Service. (A government managed operation.)

... On Sunday.

During the holidays nothing is normal when it comes to deliveries.
    And I think this might be evidence that hell has frozen over.

OldDog52 likes this.
  8. mrcbass

mrcbass

Jan 14, 2016
    Sacramento, CA
    Had USPS guy in my driveway before 6 am yesterday - scared the crap out of both of us when I opened the garage...

9. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    UPS has been delivering around here in Budget rental box trucks.

OldDog52 likes this.
  10. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Exact same thing happened to me as to @pcake (and I mean exactly): Package was scheduled for Saturday delivery, I waited at home, it didn't come. Then on Monday, they changed it to "on truck for delivery" by the end of the day Tuesday. It actually arrived Monday around 6:30pm.

pcake likes this.
  11. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    wow, that's a weird one!

12. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Yah our regular guy who comes to my office has been in that truck for weeks now. I haven't seen any for residential deliveries though.

pcake likes this.
  13. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I had the same exact thing happen to me this week. I think because of President Bush Sr funeral, it delayed some shipping days. I know USPS was closed on Wednesday because of it.

redwingxix likes this.
  14. Mushroo

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    I recently joined Amazon Prime and noticed, when I order something on Friday, USPS delivers it on Sunday. I actually felt kind of bad, making the mail man deliver to me on a Sunday. Monday would have been perfectly okay with me. Since then, I've been changing my habits, to select a different shipping option if I don't actually need the 2-day.

15. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    USPS has been delivering on sundays for amazon for over a year. it's a pretty regular thing, so it's not like your sunday delivery is the only one the guy was making.

OldDog52, Spidey2112 and Mushroo like this.
  16. Mushroo

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Thank you; that makes me feel less guilty :)

Spidey2112 and pcake like this.
  17. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I'm pretty sure they get overtime for that.

OldDog52 and Mushroo like this.
  18. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    Actually, it's not unusual this time of year. UPS, FEDEX, etc. hire more drivers to handle the Christmas business, and need more trucks for delivery. Rental trucks are a readily available source for those trucks.

OldDog52 and Spidey2112 like this.
  19. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I'm expecting a bass to be delivered from Fedex today. The shipper put a signature requirement on it and no one is home during the day. I had them change it to hold at the Fedex facility. I went by last night. No package. They didn't have it there and said it was not out for delivery. They said the shipment was canceled by the shipper.

Today, it shows it's on a vehicle and out for delivery.

pcake likes this.
  20. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    It could have been worst. the tracking could have said "Delivered" on Saturday and you would have gone :bored:<>^%$#*&o_O%$##)$%^:($%#$%*&:rage:^&$^%(*^&(%$%^$%^&:crying:

pcake likes this.