Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mysterious soundgarden song...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Uncle_Breezybum, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Uncle_Breezybum

Uncle_Breezybum

Dec 18, 2001
    I was in a particularly cool shop the other day and they were playing an excellent Soundgarden song through the speakers. I could recognise Chris Cornell's voice anywhere so I'm certain it is Soundgarden, and the song was basically Chris singing over an enormously distorted bassline. Does anyone know it? I really want to get in a last-minute Christmas request for the album. Cheers guys.

2. Lazy

Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    Can't really say without hearing the song. My only guess according to what you've said is "Nothing to Say."

Are you sure it's Soundgarden though? If you've ever heard Big Wreck before you might realize that you've been fooled! They sound alot like Soundgarden. Hell, I've even mistaken Sammy Hagar for Chris Cornell before!

3. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Maybe it was a new Rage song. I've heard a lot of the new stuff on the computer maybe someone burned some songs to play in the store.

4. They have a song called "Birth Ritual" that was on the soundtrack of "Singles". I think thats the name of the movie. I don't remember it having a distorted bass but it definitely rocks. Chris is wailing on that one!

5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Got any song names for us? :D
    I must hear them!!

6. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I just formated my computer so I can't tell you any names, but if you have a file sharing program like WinMX of Morpheus then just type in rage with chris cornell or something to that effect and a bunch of stuff should come up.

7. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    for what it's worth, it could have been temple of the dog, although chris singing over a distorted bassline doesn't ring a bell...

(edit - originally posted mother love bone cause i wasn listening to them earlier - changed to temple of the dog for obvious reasons.)

8. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    :D Heheh... all of those songs are really either renamed Temple Of The Dog songs (recorded in 1990 with members of Soundgarden and Mother Love Bone), or some random songs with neither Cornell nor Rage. One "unreleased RATM Chris Cornell recording" was some sort of Backstreet Boys type song renamed for kicks. :mad: :p

9. warning! cornell did a solo album a couple of years back too.

10. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Originally posted by primusdude
    Heheh... all of those songs are really either renamed Temple Of The Dog songs (recorded in 1990 with members of Soundgarden and Mother Love Bone), or some random songs with neither Cornell nor Rage. One "unreleased RATM Chris Cornell recording" was some sort of Backstreet Boys type song renamed for kicks.

Figures, all of the songs sounded kind of old and not at all like Tom Morello. I just figured they were trying something new. Thanks for telling me, now I cant wait to hear the new stuff again, hope its better than that Temple of the Dog stuff.