1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mysteriously growing arms

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by metalmariachi, Sep 16, 2008.

1. I was measuring my straps the other day to order a custom made one.
    I discovered my arms grew 2 ½ inches between the time I got my oldest strap in the '70s and my newest strap. but stranger still they seem to have shortened an inch after buying the newest strap 5 years ago.

Oddly enough over the years the laundry had begun to shrink all my cloths and lately it's been stretching them.

Has any one else ever experience this phenomenon?

MM

2. I know I got taller before I got shorter.
    I guess my arms got longer, too.
    [​IMG]

3. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Definitely the Maryland water,do you drink tap water or well water? ;)

4. We're on WSSC so it's probably pumped right out of the Ebola river.

Up here in Yuppy land they kind of consider you all down there as a different state. Of course they feel the same way about the eastern shore and any thing west of Frederick.

MM

5. ROGI

ROGI

Apr 25, 2005
    Croatia, Europe
    i see $ oportunity... :D
    arm enlargement

6. Umm... maybe your playing technique has changed? Unless you've used straps as some sort of metric of measurement.

7. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    You are destined to be a Super Hero - ELASTOMAN.

8. ELASTOMAN! lmao

9. Hanging out at the Solomans Is.Tiki Bar will cause that to happen.Years of waving at the bartender have extended my reach,(Think Horshack from welcome back Carter)as well as shrunk every piece of clothing that I own.:scowl:

So yeah...it's a Southern Md. thang.

Cheers.