1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mystery B.C. Rich

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 138BASS, Feb 18, 2008.

1. hey everyone I just picked up this B.C. Rich at a local music store for super cheap, never seen one like this, didn't even know Rich made "normal" looking basses. anyone have a clue as to what model this is? the serial # is "11111"???? I'm planning on converting this to fretless, never seen a fretless Rich either. any info would be appreciated
    bcrich.

2. havent got a clue...but im interested

3. Bichs weren't always wild looking. In any case, I definitely dig the contours and the horns on that bass.

4. Looks similar to the BC Rich Innovator I4B (body-wise):

[​IMG]

5. ah i forgot about the innovator. the headstock reminds me of the alembic spoilers.

headstock.
    the nut on this bass was definitely not original string spacing was way outa whack. so off it goes and on with the conversion. and just in case this would help here's a pic of the serial on the backplate.

backplate.

6. SWILLKILL

SWILLKILL Banned

Apr 24, 2007
    #11111 ? i would try and contact them directy....

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I may be wrong, but that headstock logo looks like it was painted on. It looks terrible. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a real B.C. Rich since I've never known them to make an arrow shaped headstock.

8. Also, the angled fretboard and relief where it meets the neck. The only thing about that bass that resembles a BCR is the diamond inlays!!

9. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

It looks like an NJ Innovator series. Same headstock, same body shape, same pup configuration and most of all, same angled fretboard at the bottom.

Kelly Lee has a photo of a white one in the BC Rich Megathread. Response #7.

10. pjmuck

pjmuck

Feb 8, 2006
    New Joisey
    Looks bogus to me.

11. yeah so it looks identical to Kelly Lee's NJ Innovator, other than the pickup selector. I emailed B.C. Rich directly with some pics and am awaiting a response. As far as the logo on the headstock, it doesn't look as bad in person as it does in that pic. it's clearly under the gloss coat, but doesn't look like an inlay. thanks for all the quick replys guys. I'll post up Rich's verdict when i receive it.

12. That's it!! I never saw one of those before!! :confused:

13. Lapicide

Lapicide

Feb 19, 2008
    Sorry to say, but checkout the "R" logo on your headstock. It does not appear to be correct. Here is an authentic headstock at the factory.......Lapicide

IMAGE024.

14. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

It looks it was repainted and the owner tried to recreate the logo. And did a pretty lousy job.

15. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Looks like it could have been refinished, would explain the headstock logo.

16. Lapicide

Lapicide

Feb 19, 2008
    I dunno,.....seems suspect. Why would someone repaint it? Neck having been replaced seems more likely. The bridge is not typical of BCR. Looks to be a schaller? Seems there are several suspect aspects of the bass......Lapicide

17. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I stand corrected! The headstock still looks like a very amateur job.

18. well guys i'm still waiting on Rock over at B.C. Rich to get back to me on what he thinks, the logo is definitely way off. but on a good note the de-fret project is going as smooth as it can. tonight i got all the frets out, and the board sanded cleaned and ready for filling. I'll probably start another thread about the conversion tomorrow with some progress pics.

19. 69nites

69nites

Jul 11, 2006
    Chicago
    someone would repaint it because they wanted it to be a differant colour ;)