Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mystery bass at Bass NW

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lousybassist, May 5, 2002.

1. Does any of you know anything about this bass.
    It looks a lot like a Leduc, even the logo is Leduc-ish.
    I suspect that it's a Leduc licensed design, made in some country that isn't France, by some company whose name you can't really make out from the picture of the headstock.
    It would be nice to see Leduc designs made at an affordable price, I'd buy a budget (or a non budget one, had I been in a financial situation to do so) U-Bass in a heartbeat. Those are brilliant.

2. I see the similarities, but I don't know if there's actually any Leduc connection. My recollection was that the Logabasses were high-end Japanese instuments made during the late 80's and 90's. I could be wrong, though.

Mike

3. From the really quick google-led adventure I took regarding this subject, it looks like it's a Leduc-licensed instrument of some kind. The name you can't make out is Sanox.

Note that the html file you linked to contains the word "Leduc" in the title. :)

4. Ooops! Didn't see that. Now I feel stupid...
    :)

Thanks for the input, BTW.

5. bah, don't feel stupid. When I first saw that bass on BassNW I was wondering if it was some sort of Leduc as well -- I didn't even see it in the filename the first time. :)

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    That's what I remember too!

The reviews were quite good IIRC.