1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

mystery bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spamcake16, Aug 25, 2012.

1. spamcake16

spamcake16

Aug 25, 2012
    i purchased a bass of off someone on craigslist for $120,but niether i or the seller know what it actually is. it looks exactlylike an ibanez ergodyne eds700 and sounds great,but it has dual soapbar passive pickups, no "gasoline like" luthite smell, and the 1/4 inch input is not on the front of the bass in that angle position, but on the side not unlike an ibanez g-10 or other starter and older basses...please let me know if you know anything or have any other questions about its setup

here is a listed discription:

-dual passive soapbar pickups
    -2 tone knobs
    -2 pickup volume knobs
    -24 frets
    -side input
    -body exact cut of the ergodyne eds700
    -stock charcoal grey finish for the eds700
    -4 string
    -no labeling whatsoever on body, neck, or pickups

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Without pictures, it's just a bass.

3. spamcake16

spamcake16

Aug 25, 2012
  4. spamcake16

spamcake16

Aug 25, 2012
    Heres the input

ForumRunner_20120825_224029.

5. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    Third gen ergodyne I believe.

6. spamcake16

spamcake16

Aug 25, 2012
    Can someone confirm that third gen was non luthite and had side input?

7. spamcake16

spamcake16

Aug 25, 2012
    And was it a good deal for $120?

8. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

There has been, for some time now, a seller on Ebay that was selling these "unmarked" Ibanez basses....he does not advertise them as Ibanez or make any reference to Ibanez at all...but if you dig around on there I bet you will find that same bass.

9. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    Good deal for $120. Not sure if its non luthite or not though. Pull a control cavity screw. I think at some time or series they made them from basswood also. Their not a bad bass at all, a lot of guys like the scoop on the treb side for popping. Don't worry about it so much, 120$ for a good playing sounding bass is a good deal. Now play the crap out of it and enjoy :)

10. spamcake16

spamcake16

Aug 25, 2012
    Well I am happy with my purchase, it sounds great, but im just really interested in knowing the make/model

11. SwagAttack

SwagAttack

Sep 14, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Ya I have seen them on ebay before if it is unmarked. Can't remember how much they went for. Never played or heard one of them either.

12. spamcake16

spamcake16

Aug 25, 2012
    I found out that its made by a company called supertimbre...its the stb-db210 model, thank you all for your help

DB-24.