Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mystery fender bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bill_emo, May 31, 2003.

1. bill_emo

bill_emo

Apr 2, 2003
    aldergrove
    I recently was at a show and saw a killer P-bass. I know it was discontinued, It had a thinner body, jazz style neck J/P pick-up configuration, and a 55- era pick-gaurd. it had a passive e-q witch was wierd, just a volume and tone, but 2 pick-ups. plus no plate for the knobs, they were just drilled in. If anyone can tell me the model number, that would be rad.

2. how may frets did it have, and was the fretboard maple or rosewood? truss rod adjust at body or neck?

sounds like it could either be a variant of the vintage custom precision (20 frets, maple neck, PJ p/ups, two controls, tele headstock- a lot like the Schecter Rob Deleo model)

or the MIM Precision special (22 frets, rosewood board, PJ p/ups, slimmer P/J style headstock, two stacked controls, active electronics)

3. bill_emo

bill_emo

Apr 2, 2003
    aldergrove
    yeah it had a smaller headstock with gold writing, like on The american Deluxe Series. I cant remeber the fret number though. Thanks for your help.

4. bill_emo

bill_emo

Apr 2, 2003
    aldergrove
    do you know were i could find a picture of it?