1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mystery hum

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BarkerBass, Oct 5, 2008.

1. ok, so i've just rewired my bass vol/vol/tone/tone, it has a bpass pup in the middle and emg mm triple coil in the bridge position. the controls now work so i can blend the two signals etc as expected but when i turn them down i get a loud humming, this isn't like single coil jazz pup hum, since neither pup should produce hum. it's on both pickups when they are turned down in volume, when both pups are silent the hum continues and doesnt disappear until a pup is on full so i think it's something to do with the portion of the signal being sent to ground and the output but i'm not a wiring guru so need your help!:help:. i've spent most of today with my head in the back of this bass tyring to figure it out and i've rewired the earth's in every possible way in case it could be that but to no avail. i'm thoroughly confused.:confused:

HELP!