1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mystery Knob on Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Mr. Sound, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Does anyone know how to find that special knob on a Fender Jazz?
    You know, the one that members of the audience know will turn down the volume of the band, even after I have turned down!!

2. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    what?

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    it's not a knob, it's a button on the end of the headstock; you work it by hitting the other players in the head with it and telling them to turn the f$%k down ;)

4. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Ahhhh, the volume wars. Thanks for the heads up on that button. I never knew my bass was so equipped but will most certainly use it the next time I find myself in a sea of white noise. :D

5. Any tips on cleaning the blood, teeth and hair off?

6. Bon Ami and white vinegar.

7. I am, for some reason, the one people come to to tell the band is too loud! Maybe I look the least threatening? (they only one wearing glasses, therefore the smartest?) (I might start a new thread on wearing specs on stage)

8. And for their face, wire brush and detol!

9. PJRL

PJRL

Mar 27, 2010
    greenfield center NY
    Yea but we all have 100,000 watt amps, what else can we do !?!?

;)

10. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Don't forget to tell the soundman to turn down the "suck" knob as well.

11. As long as they don't just switch from "suck" to "blow"
    (or..can music exist in a vacuum?)

12. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I stopped in the middle of a song at practice and realized what a hole I left in the sound. I am the loudest in the band besides the drummer. You could get by without drums or other instruments but never the bass. The quitard player said we missed that bottom to fill in the sound. Nice to know your needed.