1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mystery peavey

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jhopf124, Jul 16, 2008.

1. jhopf124

jhopf124

Jul 14, 2008
    i have a bw equipped bass cabinet that i purchased off a friend of a friend. The cabinet has is a 115 and 210. does this cabinet sound familiar to anyone or does anyone have any info on it.

2. StoBro

StoBro

Jun 2, 2007
    Chicagoland
    Sounds like a 1516 enclosure, the little brother to the 1820. The 15 would be a Black Widow 1502-4, the system is rated to handle 200W and is 4 ohms. It can be run full range through the internal crossover or biamped.

3. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    It is either a 15 plus two 8's (1516) or the bigger cab with an 18 and two 10's (1810 or 1820) as StoBro has related.

The crossover on my 1516 is 500hz and it is heavy enough that I don't move it too much. Has a nice round sound.

=wr=

4. jhopf124

jhopf124

Jul 14, 2008
    huh, looks like i need to do some measuring the guy got it from said it was a 210 115 but i don't think he really knew what he was talking about and i didn't really think to measure. Thanks for all of your help in uncovering the mystery cab.

5. toobalicious

toobalicious

May 6, 2008
    triad, nc
    i am one of the apparent few that particularly liked these cabs. i had an 1820 and thought it had the most massive sound. though moving it was not unlike the 122 leslie that also had to come..........

6. Echo, echo. :D I don't recall a Peavey 15 w/ two 10's, but I do recall a lot of folks having the mistaken impression that the 1516 had 10's instead of 8's. I had two of these cabs back in the day and I loved 'em. The xover was very well defined and allowed the 15 to deliver its business quickly and deeply. As I recall, the 8's had a reputation for being a bit fragile, but I never had any issues with mine. FWIW I loved those cabs until about 1991 or so when I discovered Eden 210XLT's. Man, this makes me feel really old. :D

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021