Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mystery preamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoelEoM, Sep 9, 2002.

1. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    i was at GC the other day, and saw a rather interesting looking bellari mic pre, retailing for $200, lists at 400. ive looked online for it everywhere, and cant find it, because i dont remember the model at all. all i know is that its a rolls/bellari pre, 1U, blue face, separate mic/line inputs, gain control, compressor, 3 band EQ, VU meter, XLR/unbalanced 1/4outs. if i saw a picture of it, i'd know it right away. im looking for more information on it, or seeing if anyone has anything similar, as i'd like to know how it sounds and if its worth buying(i can get it for 170) thanks guys.

2. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    ...bump....anyone?

3. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    My brother bought one of those for his studio and doesn't like it. Something about the output being consumer level? Not sure.
    Anyway, for that money, you could get a Yamaha PB-1, used Peavey, Roland, even Ampeg if you're patient. These are all dedicated bass preamps. I think you'de be better off going that route than getting a cheap mic pre.
    Just my 2 cents.:)

4. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    thanks for replying. the output level was my main concern. ive only ever seen one PB-1, and i never got a chance to ask what the guy was selling it for. they go for around 100, in good condition, right?

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The ART Dual MP is my choice when cheap tube/mic pre's are considered. Not sure they still make it, however. I just sold a clean used one for $125. Outstanding performer at that price point (about $280 list, $250 street, new).