Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mystery Seymour Duncan bass pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tjclem, Apr 15, 2005.

1. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    I have stacked humbucker jazz pickup. It has a sticker on the bottom that has 2NR on it. the top of the pickup has Seymour Duncan written on it not basslines. Each coil reads 9.12K Can anybody tell me anything about it? Seymour Duncan's site has nothing on it about this pup. Thanks...Tom

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I'd take a pic and email it Duncan. They were good about response to me. I've have no recollection offhand but the 2Nr sounds familiar for some reason - probably off a recent ebay.

3. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    yup got it off e-bay..t

4. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Got this from SD
    "Tom, It must be the STK-J2n Hot Stack Jazz neck."

Problem is it is bridge length.......

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I had a hotstack bridge once. Somewhere around here I've got what was on the sticker and the resistance written down. It's either 4 lead or 4 lead w/ground if it's a hotstack. The bassline cover should pull off and from what I remember it had bright orange wire and the two seperate windings were clearly visible. There may or may not have been a clear plastic wrap covering the coils.

Found it, it was STK J2. I measured the resistance but didn't write it down - seems it was higher, 11 - 14K. Pretty stout for a bridge whatever it was.