1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mystery Stingray Preamp schematic HELP!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by qersty, Mar 2, 2018.

1. qersty

qersty

Aug 15, 2012
    Sweden
    After doing research to find a preamplifier suitable for my current bass build I ended up checking out the classic stingray 2-bander as it is designed for a pickup with close impedance to the ones I am speculating (1.1k vs the stingray's 1.95); I had previously disregarded it as I thought "stingray pres are for 'rays and 'rays only" but after a few hours I have sort of fell in love with the design. However! I found this one schematic that suggest that it has been extended to work with two pickups and a blend control which is even closer to how I want to implement it, the schematic in question though only mentions this as "from blend control" with no set values. The image links to a forum post but it does not mention this.
    Schematic_MM_Stingray_2band_EQ.jpg
    I do recognise the inverting buffer from electrosmash's article deconstructing EMG's pickups so i suspect that the inputs come from either pickup's output from the blend circuit but I am not sure as these seem like different implementations of that kind of circuit and I am an electrical novice and can only roughly read schematics that includes part I recognise from other circuits. Has anyone got any idea and can help me? Would this be a good idea for my application in the first place?

2. qersty

qersty

Aug 15, 2012
    Sweden
    DSC_0495.jpg
    this is my guess at how the full schematic looks for reference

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021