Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mystery vintage guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by clanner, Nov 9, 2005.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I recently fixed this guitar for my guitarist, it was his uncles who passed away in the 70's so we're trying to figure out what kind it is. it has 'mic' pups and all that we could find on it pertaining to it's origin was 12/18/60 it's driving me nuts because I can't figure it out.

here it is, it sounds great BTW

[​IMG]

2. tiesco or one of the 1000's of cheap japanese guitars that were made at that time

3. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    found one similar, 4 pup version, teisco 1960s SSL4.

anyone know the model number for this one?

anyone know the value of this instrument? i can't find anything on a 3 pup version, only 2 and 4 pup versions.

p.s. he doesn't plan on selling it but would just like to know the value.

4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

that black thing isnt a pup?

5. i'd expect to get about 30 dollars for it...

6. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    the guitarist/singer in the black keys uses a similar guitar in their video for 10 am automatic. i dont know if that helps, but it sounds sexy as hell in the song.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Video and recording are two very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very different things.

8. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    yeah i know, but i think thats his main axe anyways. but their recorded sound is wayyyy different cause they record with their mics in cardboard boxes to make it sound rougher.

edit: the video on their site doesnt work, but maybe this one will