1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'Mythbusters' cannonball hits Dublin (CA) home, minivan

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kesslari, Dec 7, 2011.

1. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
  2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I caught the tale end of this being reported on the news last night. I missed, at first, the part about the cannonball being fired by the Mythbusters, and I was thinking "Now who in the hell has a live cannon, let alone a cannonball to fire? And why did they?"

3. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I saw two different episodes of "Pawn Stars" recently where they fired live cannon rounds. Very cool.

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I want a cannon now.

5. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

13 Bravo ... you'll get your fill of cannons ;)

6. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I got a bit worried when I saw the news article, until I realised it was CA. If someone had let loose a real live cannon ball in Dublin, Ireland, it could have caused some very serious damage, costing up to 20 or even 30 euros.

7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Lol.

8. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

[​IMG]

9. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    there's no way that a single cannonball could have traveled so far and caused so much damage. What are the odds? Obviously, the ancient aliens telepathically controlled the ball to wreak as much (non-lethal) havoc as they could to demonstrate our inferior building materials relative to theirs. Don't even think about trying to refute me, you don't have any evidence that they didn't do it!

:p

10. Accidents will happen I guess, but Mythbusters/Headrush is a pretty cool science show, and Kari Byron is real easy on the eyes.

11. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    Hmm...

This is bad news, I hope the insurance can cover everything, and the Mythbusters isn't cancelled.

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I can imagine Adam going ballistic in a torrent of mixed emotions ... you know ... his usual "WOW! Hahahahahahaha! Did you see that? That was amazing!" followed immediately by, "Uh oh. We're screwed."

13. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.

Yes she is.

14. Indeed she is, you may even find a Kari Byron appreciation thread in OT ;)

15. Hell if that had landed in my house I would ask if I could keep the cannonball.

16. 3213873908_012dfc1ca9.

17. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Is this turning into another Kari Bryon appreciation thread?

Awesome. :cool:

18. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    I hadn't seen the pictures of the exit hole of the house. That is AWESOME!

Just something about this, especially since no one got hurt, that is totally amazing. Seems like something you would write into a comedy movie.

Also, the picture of the family who's minivan was hit looked like they were laughing at the irony of the situation.

And I'm wondering what myth they were testing with a cannon this time.

19. I couldn't help but chuckle at the news, especially with the fact that the home residents didn't wake up due to the cannonball, but due to having the wall all over them.

I know, I know. Sounds so insensitive of me, but the whole news sounds like a scene from a comedy movie. I'm glad no one got hurt, or I would feel too guilty I found this funny.

20. TL5

TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    Nashville
    I know people who have cannons.

[​IMG]