N.E.R.D "A breath of fresh air" or "Whats that smell?"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WildBill, Sep 4, 2002.

1. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    I think the Neptunes (N.E.R.D) are a great part of music right now. Hip hop needs some humor and depth to it right now. I think its awesome that not only are they performers but producers also. I havent found a song by them or produced by them to be all that bad (reminded Im talking about their record and the Hip hop stuff they do. Not that crappy Britney song).

What do you guys (and girls) think of N.E.R.D?
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I'm kind of biased in my opinion. First, in that I don't enjoy too much hip-hop or rap. At all. Second, the store I work at has "Rock Star" on its "loop tape". So I hear that song four times a day. Every day I work.

But, beyond that, they're not THAT bad. :)
  3. I like them. "Lapdance" is annoying, and "Rock Star" is kinda bleh, but the album really is good. Check out "Things are Getting Better"...it's got an old school R&B feel.
  4. they might be the hottest producers out. I think the album has some ups and downs most of the downs being the reaches for something that isnt really worth grabbing. I prefer "Am I high" "truth or dare". "lapdance" and "rock star" are the crunk too. And the Clipse album on their new label is REAL decent