Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

N.E.R.D - In Search of...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Has anyone purchased this album? I'm really digging Rock Star and Lapdance. They see like a fresh voice in hip hop music...it almost sounds more influenced by rock music than rap. Anybody know if this is worth buying?

2. MrBungle3

MrBungle3

May 16, 2002
    Dallas
    Hey, from what I know about the Neptunes (N.E.R.D) apparently they do alot of music for other people/artists, and I hear that the cd has alot of cool grooves and beats ect, but I havent actually listened to the cd yet. All I have is a promo cd of naked girls dancing to "lapdance" in the music video which is pretty cool, but thats all I know about them, they are still pretty underground.

3. newbalance802

newbalance802

May 16, 2002
    is definitely worth buying.Very funky and unique.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I really like that Rock Star track...it's pretty different from what I usually like, but the guy has a really nice voice, and the cadence he uses on the song strike me...

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Don't click here

it's old, it may have been posted here... but it's N.E.R.D.

enjoy

6. I love this album. Neptunes do music for a buttload of people (jay-Z, brittneyspears, Nsync, N.O.R.E., Kelis,, and many more) I think the best songs are the two video single everybody are mentioning as well as the songs:Am I high, Truth or dare, and Provider

Definately worth a look

7. Ok, I finally bought it...I really like Provider, Lap Dance, Rock Star, Bobby James, and Things are Getting Better, which is probably my favorite track on the album. I really like the melodies that they write, and Pharrell's voice reminds me of an under-developed Curtis Mayfield. Some of the tracks weren't that great, but for 10 bucks, it was worth it. I also like the percussion that you don't really notice on a soundsystem, but when you put in headphones, you can hear it panned to the right headphone...like on Lap Dance. It gets a 3.5 out of 5 stars in my book.