N.E.R.D - In Search of...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Has anyone purchased this album? I'm really digging Rock Star and Lapdance. They see like a fresh voice in hip hop music...it almost sounds more influenced by rock music than rap. Anybody know if this is worth buying?
  2. MrBungle3

May 16, 2002
    Hey, from what I know about the Neptunes (N.E.R.D) apparently they do alot of music for other people/artists, and I hear that the cd has alot of cool grooves and beats ect, but I havent actually listened to the cd yet. All I have is a promo cd of naked girls dancing to "lapdance" in the music video which is pretty cool, but thats all I know about them, they are still pretty underground.
  3. newbalance802

May 16, 2002
    is definitely worth buying.Very funky and unique.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I really like that Rock Star track...it's pretty different from what I usually like, but the guy has a really nice voice, and the cadence he uses on the song strike me...
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Don't click here

it's old, it may have been posted here... but it's N.E.R.D.

6. I love this album. Neptunes do music for a buttload of people (jay-Z, brittneyspears, Nsync, N.O.R.E., Kelis,, and many more) I think the best songs are the two video single everybody are mentioning as well as the songs:Am I high, Truth or dare, and Provider

Definately worth a look
  7. Ok, I finally bought it...I really like Provider, Lap Dance, Rock Star, Bobby James, and Things are Getting Better, which is probably my favorite track on the album. I really like the melodies that they write, and Pharrell's voice reminds me of an under-developed Curtis Mayfield. Some of the tracks weren't that great, but for 10 bucks, it was worth it. I also like the percussion that you don't really notice on a soundsystem, but when you put in headphones, you can hear it panned to the right headphone...like on Lap Dance. It gets a 3.5 out of 5 stars in my book.