Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

N. Korea to end nuclear program

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I guess they finally realized that feeding their people was more important that things that make big booms...

;)

...good news.

2. I guess I am just too sceptical. My initial response was, "Yeah. Sure." The governments of all countries seem to lie and weasel, but North Korea seems to among the worst. I commend you, DHC and Gard, for your faith in their humanity.

3. Well it's not like I trust them completely but they are welcoming "strict supervision" and that's better than nothing.

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i'm hoping for the best , prepared for the worst ...

5. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Yeah, right. I'm sure they all of a sudden decided to stop. Come on...

6. all of a sudden? These talks have been going on for some time.

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Or they achieved what they needed to achieve... hid the results... and now can say they will stop. yes.

8. Actually, the whole thing boils down to them agreeing to talk further in November. There is a lot of speculation that without China's prodding in this last round of agreements, even less progress would be made. In any case, this chapter of the nuclear saga hasn't closed yet.

9. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    so they say...for now...

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    one down (question-mark)...

11. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    "U bweakin' mah bahls!"

12. MurdocRocks

MurdocRocks

Jun 18, 2005
    Torrance, CA
    I could go on a long rant about how North Korea is essentially no threat at all... but I'll shorten it a bit.

1) Location- They're all the way on the otherside of the world from us, ( in the U.S., and they're pretty far from Europe).

2) Trade- There's no way that China and Japan would let North Korea ruin their trade with us... because we (U.S.) are a large source of their nation's income.

3) We (U.S.) are largely considered to be the most powerful country in the world... and we're bullies.

4) Oh yeah... maybe they just want to use nuclear energy?

13. yea, great, now America just needs to stop its nuclear program :smug: