N to me BD - Clement!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nonohmic, Aug 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    I have been tossing up whether to go the Warmoth route or a high end P for almost a year. Putting some money away, shopping online, deciding on pick ups, configuration etc etc.

Then this came up in the classifieds, and all bets were off. For some reason, this one had to be mine. So a bit of moving things around, justification inside my head and here it is!

Truly amazing looking piece, and by far the most beautiful instrument I've ever owned. Resonates perfectly up and down the neck. The neck feels great, somewhere between a P and a J, with an awesome radius that flattens out just right to reach those high frets.

The PO said that there were a surprising amount of tones to be had, and it's true. While you can't quite cop a true P or walking bass tone, the 'solo' tones are just spot on. Flats on for now, although I may try pressurewounds.

With this guy and it's big brother the Matt Freeman P (w/ Geezers and Chromes) I am now done. If I can't make beautiful music with these two, well then I'm in the wrong game.

Oh! And I've taken craps that weigh more than this thing.

V6gfmt8.jpg CvGDzGa.jpg 1VAn6sp.jpg 4h7B309.jpg IRgSxJr.jpg RoxlSbT.jpg

aproud1, MrWalker, bholder and 2 others like this.
  2. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    Amazing bass!
    I think that Tom Clement's basses are the most underrated truly custom shop instrument in the bass world.

nonohmic likes this.
  3. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    That is a work of art. Enjoy.

nonohmic likes this.
  4. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Nice one. Tom makes some great stuff. His necks are always so perfect too.

Enjoy!

nonohmic likes this.
  5. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Thanks! It's def getting some play. And yep, his necks are something else. Like he's picked up the bass and played a few lines after every sanding, then stopped when it was just right. Don't get that with a Fender.

aproud1 likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021