N(to me)BD Fender Power Jazz Bass Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FatherTrucker, Oct 6, 2021.

1. FatherTrucker

FatherTrucker

Jun 9, 2017
    WI
    For the longest time I've wanted an old Japanese Fender JBS. It has always been outside my price range though. After a solid summer of gigs I had a little extra money on the side and this showed up on Reverb. I made a reasonable offer and the seller returned with an equally reasonable offer. The edges are pretty beat up paint wise but that is ok. I'm thinking about eventually getting it refinished to something not black. I have plenty of black basses. The neck feels awesome. I love the carbon fiber headstock veneer. Pickups sound pretty great although I wouldn't mind finding a hum cancelling J pickup to drop in there but these pickup routes are really small compared to anything I can find. The active electronics were taken out by a previous owner unfortunately and replaced with a Les Paul style wiring configuration haha. I'll be changing that but not sure how at the moment. Hipshot Kickass bridge and new strings are on the way so by my next gig in a week and a half this thing should be ready to rock.

Attached Files:

2. FatherTrucker

FatherTrucker

Jun 9, 2017
    WI
    Hipshot bridge came in so I dropped it in (first time I've ever gotten to install a bridge without having to drill holes!) And did a quick setup. This thing is killer so far.

Attached Files:

jjk2007 likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022