Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

N-Track Studio for PC

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by jimothy, Dec 12, 2001.

1. jimothy

jimothy

Dec 12, 2001
    taylors sc
    This is an excellent, inexpensive PC Recorder/Studio. Easy to use, many features, effects, excellent support etc.etc.

Check it out http://ntrack.com/

2. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    It's a great piece of software, and you can't beat the price - legally anyway.

3. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I am a huge NTrack fan. Its a great program and the value is incredible. I mixed my bands last demo CD on it and it turned out as good as anything we have done in the studio. Our guitar player is a semi-pro recording engineer who uses Cubase and he was dumfounded at the quality that I turned out with NTrack. I'm sure not saying NTrack is better than Cubase (its not) but Cubase is more than ten times the cost.

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i agree, it's great.

..and it's italian!!

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I downloaded n-track and whenever i try to record into it,i have to turn my computer speakers all the way up to hear it,whats wrong?I've tried putting the mic right up to my bass,it didnt work.

I tried to do this with the amp too.It didnt work if it was far away or close.

Why isnt it working?

6. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    1) Can you play other sources without a problem. IOW can you play a CD, an MP3 file, a video game, etc. and hear everything normally? If so, open the volume controls for your sound card and check to make sure that the your line in is at a normal level.

2) While you're in your volume controls check the RECORDING controls. This will vary depending on your sound card, but on my POS-but-it's-all-I-got-for-now Soundblaster Live! you do that through Options->Properties and then click the "Recording" button. Could be that your recording level is too low, so check the line-in setting.

These are two things I found the hard way early on, so maybe they'll help.

7. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
  8. It's the first piece of software I used for recording. It's gone through a lot of changes since then.

9. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Do you have any preamp stage for your signal reaches the sound card's inputs? If not, that's probably why it sounds so low - it IS low!

What mic, what sound card, what other components in your signal chain do you have?

BTW, mic the bass? :)