1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

N-Tune Onboard Tuner

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anotherbassist, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Hi,
    I saw one of these in my Bass Player magazine and was wondering if anyone had installed one on their bass? They seem very interesting and the reviews and things I've read are all good. I'm thinking about putting one in my warwick corvette 6 and was seeing if anybody else had a similar idea...

2. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    I just don't see the point personally. An outboard tuner pedal can be used on every bass you own.

3. I think they were a little wrong in saying it blends with non-traditional hardware sets it makes the Thumb on that page look stoopid

EDIT: A pichblack or TU-2 are both cheaper. The pitch jack is cheaper still if you want a teeny tuner

4. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    those look pretty stupid to me...

i don't like pedal tuners much, so i use one of those tuners that you place on our headstock and it picks up the vibrations from the strings. I have had no problem using it in a live situation and I don't have to alter my bass at all!

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I put a tuner in my rack for 50 bucks. This works great for me, or anyone else in my band that might need to plug in real quick for a tune.

6. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX

+1...you nailed it...

7. I could see it being pretty useful for a guy that rolls with a sansamp and a cable in his gig bag to FOH and studio gigs. That's where it ends, though.

8. I have a 2006 Warwick Standard Corvette 6 and it says the N-tune will work if the bass has passive pickups or passive pickups with an active preamp, but it will not work with active pickups. I know my bass has either an active preamp or active pickups can anyone clarify this for me?

9. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    You'll have to check the Warwick website, but generally the Corvettes have passive Pups and active Preamp. (I have a Corvette Jazzman) :)

10. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    I think it's a nice idea, except you would need one for each of your basses, and I am sure the cost would add up really quickly.