1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

N(used)AD!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    So a couple weeks ago I posted a thread looking for a lighterweight combo for some gigs that didn't require an 800w 410 setup. (for reference: Looking for a lightweight combo (or maybe a small head and small cab)

I tried some of the suggestions in stores, but nothing really wowed me. Then I came across listing in the Classifieds for a used GK MB115 (the first versions with the aluminum grill). Checked it out and liked it, so I bought it. Used it for a gig for the first time Wednesday and I can't say enough good things about it. Lightweight, loud as hell, and sounded amazing on stage.

I bought this amp going into it with the idea that I'd use this for maybe 15% of my gigs. But after Wednesday, I'll be using it again tonight and if I love it the same, I could see me switching to only using the 410 for 15% of my gigs.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Obligatory pic or it doesn't exist.

IMG_5764.JPG

3. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    Congratulations! GK makes very nice combos that sound every bit as good as many amp/cab combination rigs and offer a little more convenience.