n00b needs help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mutatedpanda, Aug 13, 2005.

1. I know it's probably common sense to most of you, but I just recently started playing bass, and I need help figuring out which know is which.

I know the very bottom left knob is the "volume", and I'm sure the one next to it is "Tone", but I'm not quite sure what the top 3 are. Are they EQ knobs (bass, mid, treb)?

It's a "Traben Kore" type bass, if it helps.

I'm sorry if a similar post was already made.
  2. Radiobass

Jan 10, 2005
    *Can't see the pic*

5-knobs, right?

Maybe it's Volume, Blend, and 3-band EQ.
  3. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio

The knobs most likely are: (from the bottom row of 2, on the pickguard): Volume/Balance. Then the row of 3 is probably: bass/mid/treble
  4. probably what it is, not many basses have a tone control aswell as a 3 band EQ
  5. Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Contact these guys, then you'll know for sure

Traben Bass Company
    2660 Enterprise Rd.
    Clearwater, FL 33763
    See Area Map Below

Phone: 727-793-0079

Email: info@trabenbass.com
  6. I think we have a winner!

volume/blend with 3 band eq (bass, mid, treb)

7. Radiobass

Jan 10, 2005
    The tone control is nothing more than a treble cut, so, technically, it does have a tone control, that also boosts... The treble knob.
  8. i know what a fking tone control is, thats why is said you dont often see them with a tone control and a 3 Band EQ
  9. Radiobass

Jan 10, 2005
    Sorry, it's hard to notice sarcasm on the net.
  10. it wasnt sarcasm, sarcasm is intended to be offensive, i was just stating that its true, not many basses do, altho, one of mine may, just because im putting in an after market active eq and going to have an active passive switch
  11. easy there...

thanks for the info, i guess I was mostly correct -- its nice to know what exactly the tone knob does... i was never able to figure it out on my electric guitar... thats what i get for being a beginner.