n00bie NEEDS HELP

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TooT_YouR_FluTe, Aug 4, 2003.

1. TooT_YouR_FluTe

TooT_YouR_FluTe

Aug 4, 2003
    Thanx guyz, i appreciate it dude. Laterzzzzzz

:D Linda
    AKA Toot_your_Flute

2. Kevin V

Kevin V

Mar 12, 2003
    Union, New Jersey
    I live like five minutes from Rondo Music.(good ol' Union,NJ) Anyway, should I check this place out for my next bass? I'm really tight on money cause I go to an expensive private school and my parents also burn a lot of $$$ on me for soccer. I rarely have time for a job and college is coming up too! Should I really consider one of these SX basses or should I save and just work really hard for an SUB perhaps.

3. Yeah dude, go over there and try them out! They are such SWEET basses! Definently go there, if I lived as close as you did, I woulda gone over there first, but I'm glad I got it either way :D Also, I hear their customer service is awesome and Kurt is a really nice guy (he E-mailed me back the same day I E-mailed him a question about the Brice Douglas 5!). So bottomline:

CHECK THEM OUT!

~ Tyler

4. TooT_YouR_FluTe

TooT_YouR_FluTe

Aug 4, 2003
    Dude, your lucky then. Cuz you don't have to pay 20 dollars for shipping and handling. Cuz I'm gettin a essex myself....but with the convincing of TB, of course. Damn it, that's the power of TB, I guess, man.

5. TooT_YouR_FluTe

TooT_YouR_FluTe

Aug 4, 2003
    Hey I heard that SX's are supposed to be sturdy. But does anybody know if they're lightweight......cuz i just was wonderin if it's not so heavy to cramp out your back man.

6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    The Fender clones weight as much as well... a Fender.

7. They are sturdy basses no doubt, and VERY lightweight! Mine is 8 pounds, feels like it's 4! I pulled it outta the box and it almost went flyin outta my hands cuz I thought it would be heavier :\ Great basses for a great price and lightweight :D That should be there Sales Pitch, lol.