NAD - 1968 Guild Thunderbass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Oren Hudson, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Managed to secure this long time stored rig Sunday. Inches of dust and cobwebs and, rather than the typical smoke smell, a bunch of that old musty smell. Most pieces there including the original Oxford October 1968 speakers. Looks like it will clean up good with no major damage. It's missing the back panel, but I can make one of those. Can't wait to get started, but pretty busy at the moment. Pics are just as I unloaded it. :)

IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0253.JPG IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0256.JPG IMG_0258.JPG IMG_0259.JPG IMG_0260.JPG IMG_0268.JPG IMG_0249.JPG IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0263.JPG IMG_0252.JPG

deathness, Barbaric.Eric and LeftyD like this.
  2. beautiful. I had a 65 thunderbass head and 69 thunderstar cab (same as yours except 1x15 and half the size). they sounded fantastic. massive low end and that amp is Clean city. you can crank it all the way up on all dials and it's still clean as day. punchy as hell too. love those old guild's, very underrated.

Oren Hudson likes this.
  3. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    i used to use to happily use one of these at the old practice space above the zephyr in kent, ohio

Oren Hudson likes this.
  4. I have the same head but not the cab. Memories. tres cool.

Oren Hudson likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022